Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Blog Tag

Clearly you can tell I have had a lot going on in my life by my lack of blog posts.
Some of it has been good, some of it not so much....
I am hoping to get back to posting more regularly, as it's something I truly enjoy.

Last month, one of my blog friends, Lauren, tagged me in a game of blog tag.
Lauren has a wonderful blog called Simply LKJ
where she shares her fabulous recipes, decorating projects, and her beautiful family.
Better late than never....I always love learning more about my blog friends!

1. Are you named after someone?
Yes, I am named after my great-great-grandmother, Christine Jensen.
All of my children are also named after members of my family.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Well....I am a "crier" and I shed a few tears quite often...for both happy things and sad things.
The last time I REALLY cried was when I learned that there are some changes in our schedule
that may ultimately result in me seeing D even less than I do.
I miss him desperately during the week, but we make it work,
and our weekends together are wonderful.
I hope that we can work things out so we don't lose any precious time together.

3. Do you have kiddos?
Yes, I do....I have a blended family of eight children!
I have four precious children, Caroline is 20, Katherine is 17, and my twins Teddy & Jack are 13,
and four precious step-children, Kimo who is also 20, Laura who is 15, Grace who is also 13,
and Collin who is 8 years old.
We call Teddy, Jack, and Grace "the triplets"
and are so blessed that they all get along and love to spend time together.
From Left to Right, Caroline, Teddy, Grace, Katherine, Jack, Kimo, Laura, and Collin in front.
This picture was taken at D's retirement from the Navy in 2012....it is almost impossible to get all eight children together these days!
Katherine, Teddy, Caroline, and Jack at Easter this past year.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
Well...yes. I think I'm pretty fun and I love to be with friends and family.
My family says I am very funny....I don't see it.
I am, however, fairly critical of myself and I focus on all of the things I wish were different about myself,
so in that case I would probably annoy myself with all of my faults...lol.

5. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Yes....sadly for my sweet husband, it is handbags!
Make that expensive handbags.
Here is the latest addition to my collection....
A Longchamp bag in Lagoon, which is a mint green color.
I NEEDED this bag because I needed a very lightweight bag...
I had shoulder surgery in 2012 and it was starting to bother me again
because my most of my handbags are too heavy.
D suggested that I could have just taken some of the "junk" out of my current bag to lighten it up...

6. Do you like handwriting?
Yes, I love handwriting and I love to send and receive hand written letters and notes.
Sadly, my own handwriting has become horrible....
my job requires serious amounts of hand written documentation, and I have become very sloppy.

7. What is your favorite cereal?
I would have to say Crispix with fresh strawberries on it!

8. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Eyes...and not the color...the expression in their eyes.
I think you can see happiness, joy, sorrow, stress, fright, and many more emotions
in a person's eyes....kind of like a window into the soul.

9. What is the color of your eyes?
Blue...a greenish, grayish, blue.

10. Scary movies or happy endings?
Definitely happy endings!

11. Favorite television shows?
I love re-runs....when I do have the time to watch TV,
 it's usually at odd times so it's hard for me to follow a series regularly.
 I love NCIS re-runs, Law & Order re-runs, and Dateline re-runs.
See a theme?
I love crime shows!

12. Summer or Winter?
SUMMER!
I HATE the winter...everything about it!
I should have snagged this Lilly Pulitzer sweater last winter...
It is exactly how I feel every winter!

13. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs!

14. Do you have a special talent?
If you ask me, I would say no...
if you ask my family, they would being a domestic diva mom.
I will remind them of that when I have ordered take out and none of the laundry is done.

15. Where were you born?
St. Joseph, Michigan (see A on map)
I loved growing up on the shore of Lake Michigan, 
and rode my bike to the beach every day of summer vacation when I was a kid.
My favorite place to be is always anywhere on the water!

16. What are your hobbies?
Well....my hobbies used to be cooking, gardening, tennis, volunteering, entertaining,
decorating, and (in the last year) blogging.
Since I have been a working mom,
I rarely have time for myself or my hobbies.
I do still try to entertain friends as often as we can, 
and get together with my BFF's for lunch dates.
I know one day I will have lots of time on my hands to pursue the things that I love to do.

17. Do you have any pets?
No...the kids are begging for a dog,
but I KNOW that I will end up being the one responsible for our pet,
and I just can't take on the responsibility of any other living thing right now.
I accidentally killed the family fish last year....so I think NO on pets right now.

18. Favorite Movie?
It's a tie for
Under the Tuscan Sun and Something's Gotta Give.

19. The color of my car?
Navy blue...always.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I am a wife and mother, and that is exactly what I want to be!

I would like to tag anyone who would like to participate!
I love learning more about my readers and my blog friends!

 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

2 comments :

Simply LKJ said...

Thanks for playing along Christine! I loved reading more about you. Glad to be following along on IG. You have had one crazy busy summer. Glad you are enjoying the lake.

Nancy said...

Hi Christine! So glad you posted this today. I've been meaning to email you to check on you since we haven't heard from you lately. Hope y'all can work out all the logistics so you can see more of D. (and get back to blogging if I may be so bold and selfish to say that :)

xo,
nancy

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine