Sunday, May 19, 2013

Master Bedroom Inspiration

Our MBR desperately needs a makeover. I have done nothing to it since we moved in and it's a small and gloomy cave with too many dark wood furniture pieces in the room and no window treatments except old mini-blinds. There are a few other rooms I need to finish first, but my room is getting closer to the top of the list for a makeover. I love the "One Room Challenge" on the blog Calling It Home where you have one room and six weeks to make it over. I think I may make my MBR my own little "one room challenge" and here are a few pictures of master bedrooms to inspire me and give me ideas:


 
I love just about every Thibaut fabric and just wallpaper...it's the vibrant colors that catch my eye
 
 
 
Love this room but I think I have too much blue and yellow in the rest of my house.
 
 
 
This is totally me...pink and green.
 
 
 
Very calming room...I need this!
 
 
 
I love this look but my MBR is already so dark I could never pull off navy walls.
 
 
 
Love this look but I can't do any more blue in my house.
  
 

 
LOVE this one! Can I move in?
 
I have absolutely no training in interior design but between me and my mother, we can pull a room together that rivals some of the designer's rooms. We both love decorating and it is more of a hobby than a chore for us! We especially love finding treasures in the consignment shops to finish off a room. I will save that for another post!
 
 
 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine