Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11

I'm sure everyone can remember where they were and what they were doing
when they first heard about the 9/11 terrorist attack.

I was in my living room, folding laundry.
I had just returned home from getting the girls to school.
I had just put the boys down for their morning nap.
I was watching the Today show.
One plane had hit the first tower.
And I watched live the second one hit.
And I thought to myself...
"what is going on with air traffic control that they would send two planes into buildings?"
and then I thought...
"why would the pilot not SEE that they were being directed into a building and DIVERT?"

My naive mind could not even wrap my brain around the possibility 
that this was intentional.
But it soon became apparent that it was.

I was living in Philadelphia at the time,
and many families I knew were personally affected by this tragedy.

My husband had friends and colleagues that lost their lives that day at the Pentagon.
And the passengers of Unite flight 93 who gave their lives to save others...wow.

Today we remember.
And pray for those who lost their lives,
and for their families and friends,
for those who survived but were left wounded emotionally and physically,
for the first responders and those who spent years working to clean up the sites,
 for the safety and well being of our nation,
and for all of those who make it their job to keep our nation safe on a daily basis.

I have always found this photograph to be inspirational.
God Bless.

 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

2 comments :

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

It is true that one looks for every logical explanation except the obvious one, because it's too evil to believe to be true. I remember what I was doing too and how all the schools went on lockdown because no one really knew what might be happening.

designchic said...

I so vividly remember where I was too and can't believe that it has been 14 years…ingrained in my mind forever…

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine