Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What's For Dinner?

I am always looking for new crock pot recipes.
In the Fall, I make two to three crock pot dinners a week due to the boys' sports schedules.
We normally sit down together for dinner as a family every night, but in the fall that's difficult.
Teddy's football games are Wednesday nights,
and Jack's volleyball matches are Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Add in Laura's ballet on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights
 and it's almost impossible to sit down to dinner together on those evenings.
With my crock pot dinners,
the kids are able to eat dinner at whatever time suits their schedule.

Italian Beef Sandwiches are a current favorite...
This recipe is so easy it's almost like not cooking.
Ingredients
3 pound chuck roase
1 package of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing mix
1 14.5 ounce can of beef broth
Provolone Cheese Slices
6 Hoagie Rolls

Place roast in crock pot and sprinkle salad dressing mix on top.
Add beef broth and cook on low for nine hours.
Remove roast and shred with a fork, reserving liquid in a separate bowl.
Place beef back in crock pot and add about 1/2 cup of reserved liquid and cook 30 minutes on low.
Place beef on open face hoagie rolls and place cheese on top.
Broil in oven for five minutes, or until the cheese is melted on the top.
The kids love these, and I rarely have leftovers.

I had to borrow this picture from Pintrest...
I was working late the night I made this and when I got home, the the crock pot was empty.....
 I was planning on taking a picture of a sandwich!
via
This is generally what they look like whey they are done under the broiler.

Do you have any crock pot favorites?


 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

2 comments :

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Looks yummy! Have a great week!

miss andrea lee said...

Yum!!! I'm going to have to try this soon. & I have that crockpot on my short list- love the bamboo!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine