I am linking up with Kelly from Kelly's Korner to share my favorite grilling recipe!
My husband is the grill master in our home and while I have some great grilling recipes, I am going to share my kids' FAVORITE grilling recipe...
Just like the ones we used to have at camp...
In a nutshell, you take a large rectangle of heavy duty aluminum foil, fill it with goodies, and then wrap it up and throw it on the grill. The kids love to help peel and chop vegetables and then they get to put their own dinners together and on the grill.
Here is the general recipe I follow for the Hobo Dinner:
1 lb ground beef
4 potatoes, sliced or cut in cubes
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
Lawrey's Seasoned Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Shape ground beef into four 1/4 pound patties and season with salt and pepper
- Cut four large (about 18 inches long) strips of aluminum foil and lay flat on counter.
- Place one ground beef patty in center of each piece of foil.
- Distribute vegetables evenly to each strip of foil, placing vegetables on top of beef patty.
- Sprinkle with a little more seasoned salt an pepper and fold aluminum foil up to form
Just to mix it up a bit, you can add mushrooms, bell peppers, summer squash, or any other vegetable.
In addition, you can make this with steak, seafood, or chicken if you want to "dress it up" a little!