Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back in Kansas

Sunday, I flew with my #1 to take her back to school.
She is a sophomore at the University of Kansas.
Silly me thought it would be easier to leave her there the second time around.
No...it was a rip your heart out kind of feeling
coupled with best wishes and my excitement for her.

At least this time I am leaving her with her BFF, S
and an entire house full of sisters!


We moved her into her sorority house today...

Gamma Phi Beta house at KU
source

G Phi Formal Living Room

G Phi TV Room

G Phi Chapter Room

One of the bathrooms...far nicer than those in my sorority house!
 
Here are a few pictures of the University of Kansas




 
Chi Omega Fountain
 
 
 
 
I am leaving her in a beautiful place
with wonderful friends
and I will look forward to seeing my sweet daughter at Thanksgiving.
 
 
All photos of KU were taken off Google Image






 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

6 comments :

Miss Southern Prep said...

So pretty! I loved living in the house, so I know she'll have a fab year! It's so fun to see the inside of other houses, especially a gphi house!

Simply LKJ said...

Okay...I was trying to hold it together, but this did it. We leave Monday for Texas. And yes, while we saw our sweet baby girl quite a bit last year (especially first semester) that will not be the case this year. This is the first year I will not spend her birthday with her in September :-( But, I know she has her wonderful group of "sisters" who will make sure she is loved on and taken care of (and will most likely throw her a better party than I anyhow). We will fly out for Homecoming, then I for "Mom's" weekend, and then she will be home for Thanksgiving. Our little Cairn is already sensing something is up. Hang in there...we are all right there with ya!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Gorgeous campus!! I know the feeling, every time I think about #2 leaving I get so sad...

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

There is something comforting about the sorority house and knowing they will be with all those "sisters" :-)
My older daughter was an AXO at UofM and I remember her excitement moving into the sorority house her sophomore year. Don't be too sad!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful campus and sorority house! Your lovely daughter is going to have a wonderful year! :)

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Kate said...

What a gorgeous house! She is going to have so much fun this year!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine