Friday, March 14, 2014

What I'm Reading....

I just finished this fun book...
Total chick lit.....no substance here...
but a cute and a really fast read...
as in a "I read the entire book in two flights and a layover" read.

The story is about June, a thirty-something young woman
who is the driver in a car accident that kills her passenger,
a 24 year old acquaintance named Marissa.
 Marissa had made a list of things she wanted to do before she turned 25,
and June found it after Marissa's death.
The book chronicles June's determination
to finish all of the things on Marissa's list before Marissa's 25th birthday
in order to honor her memory.
Of course June learns a lot about herself throughout this process,
and the book is fairly predictable...
but if you're in the mood for a fun and mindless read,
this is a book for you.

The other book on my reading list is one that Lauren from Simply LKJ recommended last summer...
I downloaded it to my Nook in August and FINALLY got around to reading it on vacation.
This book was written for me.
I am having a particularly difficult time with my twin boys right now...
hormones I suspect...
theirs, not mine...
and I find myself losing my temper with them,
frequently,
which then makes me feel horrible.
Her book is easy to read,
she uses examples from her own real life
that I can certainly relate to,
and it's spiritually based and quite enriching.
(which happens to be one of my New Year's resolutions)
I haven't finished it yet, but it has already spoken to me.
GREAT read if you are a mom and run short on patience at times.
What a blessing to have such wonderful blog friends like Lauren,
who share everything from good books to good bargains!!!

What are y'all reading right now?



 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

4 comments :

Simply LKJ said...

Thanks for the shout out Christine! I truly believe we can all find ourselves relating to Lysa's book in some way. My Bible study group read it this summer and everyone took something away from the experience.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Great recommendations. I am making a list of books I want to read on my cruise this summer. I'm looking for light reading and your first book seems to fill the bill. I am reading one of Jojo Moyes earlier books. Can't remember the title but it has a blue cover. Just started it and so far so good. Have a wonderful weekend, Christine. Good luck with your teenagers. They are never easy.

Alyson said...

Thanks for recommendations. I love chick lit!

Andrea said...

Love your booklist! I just started Lilly: Palm Beach, Tropical Glamour, and the Birth of a Fashion Legend. :) Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine