Monday, March 10, 2014

Post Vacation Blues

If you follow me on Instagram,
then you will know we just got home from a FABULOUS week in Florida!
The boys and I visited my Virginia parents (who winter in Florida) for a week of sun and fun!
It was a much needed break from "real life"
and although it was not spring vacation for the boys,
they took their homework for the week with them and only ended up missing two and a half days of school 
because we had a snowstorm in Richmond last week and their school was closed!
Here are a few vacation pics...
Lido Beach....we walked out the door of our condo right on to this beach!
View from my mom's cabana...we spent every morning at the beach and every afternoon at the pool!

Out to dinner on St. Armand's Circle....they clean up well!

My baby boys are taller than I am now! 
Virginia parents with us!
Virginia mom and I at dinner....was happy to be sporting my Lilly summer colors!

So I mentioned to my sweet husband how frustrated I was that I had forgotten my Clarisonic 
because I was going to be slopping buckets of sunscreen on my face all week
and I had no way to deep clean my skin....
so sweet D took it upon himself to surprise me and mail it to me.
Unfortunately, after a brief discussion about the mail, he discovered that he mailed it to the wrong resort.
So my Clarisonic took a side trip to Cuba (not quite, but close)
and finally arrived to me on Wednesday.
I love D....he thought I would be mad when I discovered it was on its way to Cuba,
but all I could do was laugh....I didn't care if it was lost forever at that point.
Sweetest gesture...always doing things to make me happy.
Best husband ever.
Teddy trying to prove he is MUCH taller than Jack....these two cracked each other up all week....
which I did not particularly appreciate at 1:00am.
Boys.
Rented a boat for the day....both boys played skipper.
Teddy and Virginia dad bringing us in....
...to catch lunch at the Tiki Bar!
The only cloudy day we had!
Virginia mom and I made the most of it and went shopping! 
You can see for yourself how cooperative the boys were when I wanted to take pictures!
My handsome boy Teddy....
I had to bribe them for this picture....
My baby boy Jack....by one minute that is.
LOVING my Vineyard Vines fleece I posted about here 
I may have to get one in navy blue too...
Can't believe how big my boys are getting....

Katherine did not stay home in Virginia while we were in Florida...
she went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans!
Louisiana Daughter had the entire week of school for Mardi Gras,
so Katherine opted to visit her for the week instead of coming to Florida with us.
Looking forward to Louisiana daughter visiting this summer!!!
Silly girls....they are more like sisters.

As hard as it was to come home, 
we have lots to look forward to this spring...
and it IS spring FINALLY!
All of the snow from last week has melted,
and it is going to be 72 degrees tomorrow in Richmond!!!


























 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

5 comments :

Simply LKJ said...

Looks like you all had a great time! So glad it is finally warming up.

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I might have been a little jealous when I saw your Instagram pics but I am happy to hear that you and the boys had a wonderful time! And how thoughtful is your hubby!?!

Nancy said...

your husband is so sweet. and the fact it went to cuba. hysterical! what a fantastic trip to take with your boys...it is always sweet to get one on one time with kids (I know you took the twins, you know what I mean though :) glad you had a great time.

Girl with the Curlz said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!! What handsome boys you have :) And your husband sounds so sweet. How nice of him to send you the clarisonic.

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Christine, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You family is adorable too. We used to live in Charlottesville VA so I know Short pump and RIchmond well:) Your boys are very handsome. My 13 year old is NOT taller than me (yet?). Sweet husband to send your clarisonic:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine