Tuesday, November 19, 2013

More Decorating Baby Steps....

Today was an exciting day for me...
we had carpeting installed on our stairs today!
I spent hours and hours looking for something I loved.
After looking for a year, I found exactly what I wanted.
It was discontinued...no possible way to get it.
Fortunately my Virginia mom was able to find something I liked even better,
and after waiting six weeks for it to arrive,
it was installed today!
Baby steps in my decorating....
 
Here is the "before" when we bought the house....
Hard to see but the stairs were carpeted with white plush carpeting,
as was the entire upstairs,
which happened to be ruined from cat urine
in-between our home inspection and the walk through on our closing date.
Needless to say ALL of the carpet was ripped out before we moved in.
 
Here is what it looked like this morning.... 

And now....



The carpet is a creamy white wool with a blue/gray lattice.
For all who think I am insane getting a creamy white carpet on my stairs having eight children,
I have the same color on the second and third floors of our home,
and with the "no shoes on the carpet rule" we have managed to keep it clean.
Here's hoping for the same for the stairs!
 
Here is an update on my powder room....
just a reminder of the "before"
and after....
My Virginia mom found exactly what I was looking for in terms of the rug.
It's a black hooked wool with a floral pattern
in greens, blues, pinks, and yellows.
I had a pair of botanical prints in my bedroom
that look great and tie in with the colors of the rug.
I just have to find a light fixture
and something for the opposite wall of the bathroom
and I will be done with it!
 
 
I still have yet to finish my ORC....
I will finish week six about six weeks late.
My next project is my kitchen window treatment,
and I need to put the finishing touches on my sunroom.
Then, I plan to tackle our master bedroom...
baby steps.

 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

7 comments :

Simply LKJ said...

We had almost the same style carpet on our front staircase for years...just a more tone on tone diamond in taupe/cream. Held up beautifully. The powder room is looking lovely.

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I am so with you on just taking baby steps! I still feel like I am so far behind with my home projects. Oh well:)

Your stairs look great!

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

I love the carpet and would totally be interested in something like that for our stairway, but I'm definitely concerned about the wear it would get with my 2 little ones. We just have the wood now but we'd definitely like something eventually. We have to finish out the bathroom on the second floor first though {we gutted it then roughed it in before we moved in but haven't finished it yet} - as you said, baby steps!! Love the powder room!!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I want that carpet for our study - I am working on my husband that we need new carpet in there :-)

Nancy said...

looks great! cant wait to see the ORC :)

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Christine... positively ADORE the new carpeting!! Your bathroom is rocking too!!

Andrea said...

Your home is beautiful, Christine!! I cannot wait to see your final ORC bathroom! :)

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine